This Saturday, May 11, we kick off the Countryside Local Food MOVment. When you sign up, you’ll receive a MOVband – a wrist-worn activity monitor that tracks all your movement and converts it into mileage. You’ll also receive instructions on how to create your own personal fundraising page on Fundly.com. Over the course of the next four weeks, we are challenging you to move 100 miles and raise $100 for Countryside.
Each week, we’ll send you an email tailored to how far you’ve moved. When you reach the milestones of 25, 50, 75, and 100 miles, we’ll tell you about the farmers’ market vendors that are located that same distance from our market, so you’ll get a feel for how far your food travels to get to your dinner table. As you hit each of those milestones, you can pick up a colored mileage marker to add to your band, and your name will also be entered into a raffle to win fantastic prizes! And you can mingle with other market supporters on family-friendly hikes with a Cuyahoga Valley National Park ranger departing from the information booth each Saturday at 10:00am. When you join us for those free hikes, you’ll earn another band in ranger green.
A nonprofit organization, Countryside Conservancy relies on your support to offer programs like Countryside Farmers’ Markets and Countryside U, featuring classes on gardening, preserving, raising backyard chickens, and more. The funds that you raise during the Countryside Local Food MOVment will ensure these programs will be around for years to come. Spread the word, gather donations from your friends and family, and you can win additional prizes! On June 8, join us at the market for a finish line celebration where we’ll award them all. Here’s a list of what you stand to win:
25 mile raffle:
50 mile raffle:
75 mile raffle:
- Christmas tree from Canal Corners Farm & Market
- Gift basket from Earth Fare
- Half fall share for Basket of Life CSA
- Basket of preserving goodies, with an autographed copy of The Homemade Pantry, by Alana Chernila
100 mile raffle:
- $75 gift certificate to Fire Food and Drink
- $50 market money & Countryside tote bag
- 4-pack of tickets + parking to Cleveland Gladiators arena football league
Fundraising raffle (1 ticket for each $100 you raise):
- Overnight getaway at Inn at Brandywine Falls
- Private rental of the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad caboose
- $100 market money
Youngest Participant prize:
- Copy of book What’s On Your Plate? & Countryside magnet
Oldest Participant prize:
- $75 Gift certificate to Ken Stewart’s Lodge
Fastest Finisher prize (first to hit 100 miles):
- $150 gift certificate to Vertical Runner
Most Miles prize:
- $150 gift certificate to Second Sole
- Overnight getaway in a King Suite at Gervasi Vineyard and $100 gift certificate for the bistro
…and more! Sign up today or at Countryside Farmers’ Market at Howe Meadow on Saturday, May 11.
The Countryside Local Food MOVment is sponsored with generous support from Kaiser Permanente and Parker Hannifin. Contact Heather at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this event.