Brian Doyle of SŌW Food was our demo chef on Saturday.
He treated us to some DELICIOUS Asian Lettuce Wraps.
- 1 lb. ground meat (Brian used ground turkey)
- 2 Tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeño
- 1 Tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, preferably gluten-free
- 1/4 stock of your choosing
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2-3 heads of lettuce for wraps such as bibb or romaine
- Seasonal veggies, chopped
Brown ground meat. Add ginger, garlic, jalapeño and honey. Saute for 5 minutes.
Add soy sauce and stock. Simmer for 15 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes. Add lime zest and juice and cilantro.
Separate lettuce heads into leaves. Place some of the meat into each cup and top with veggies. Wrap it. Eat it. Yum!